AMGEN Oncology Abstract and Poster Awards 2017
Awards are available for the:
- Best Trainee Oral Abstract Presentation
- Best Trainee Poster
- Best Young Consultant Oral Abstract Presentation
- Best Young Consultant Poster
- Best Consultant Oral Abstract Presentation
- Best Consultant Poster Award
Award recipients will each receive a $5000 travel grant to support their attendance at the 2018 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting.
The Awards are open to residents of Australia who are members of MOGA and have been selected to present or display an oral abstract or poster at the MOGA Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM).
The Awards will be presented at the ASM Gala Dinner on 4 August 2017.
Award recipients will be selected by the ASM Awards Committee.
MOGA Trainee Travel Awards
The Trainee Travel Awards will assist Australian in Medical Oncology Trainees to attend the 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting in Melbourne from 2 - 4 August, including the Trainees Education Program on 2 August and the Immuno-Oncology Forum on 5 August.
For Trainees not based in Melbourne or Victoria the award will cover return economy airfares from the applicant’s nearest airport to Melbourne, ASM registration fees and up to three nights single accommodation (for the nights of 2 - 4 August).
For trainees based in Melbourne the Award will cover ASM registration fees and for trainees residing more than 40Kms outside the Melbourne CBD up to three nights single accommodation (for the nights of 2- 4 August).
- Trainees will be selected on the basis of competitive applications for this Award and must be registered MOGA members.
- Full curriculum vitae detailing training, awards, publications and meeting presentations. Ensure that this information is presented using a standard referencing model.
- Covering letter from the applicant outlining the anticipated professional benefits from meeting attendance.
- A Letter of Support from the applicant’s Department Head on the applicant’s suitability for receipt of an award. Ensure that you include only originals or certified copies. These need to be presented with the signature of the supporter or referee on organisational letterhead.
- Submission of a completed application as outlined above to email@example.com no later than the closing date of 16 June.
- Academic record.
- Potential for future contribution to the field of Medical Oncology.
- Proposed benefits of attendance (as outlined in the applicant’s letter).
- Support of the home institution as per letter from the Head of Department.
Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 16 June